Wednesday, October 5, 2011

In Love with the Hospital Bink

There seems to be this crazy phenomena going on in my house lately. Well more then one actually, but we'll just start with this one. I never bought my daughter a single binkie. Not one, yet some how I ended up with at least ten of them. I didn't bring any to the hospital when I had her cause I didn't really want her having them, but by that second night in the hospital I had changed my mind. All Jessa wanted to do was nurse every ten minutes and a binkie was the only thing to save my poor nipples. I've regretted this on several occasions now. I'm pretty sure the absolute most coolest thing to Jessa is her binkie. As I said, I went to the hospital with no binkies but I came home with like six of them. We went back to get Jessa's hearing checked came back with more. I'm warning you now even if you don't want your child having binkies take one from home for them in case you change your mind because you don't want the addicting hospital ones. You see these hospital workers are pros at newborns and there is no better way of calming a baby then giving them a vanilla scented binkie. Yeah no joke the thing smells so good and vanilla yeah its a calming sent. You'll think there the most amazing thing in the world, trust me I did. They calm your baby right down, they make your baby smell really good too and give you the break you need. Until the second that thing falls out of your babies mouth and the calm is over. Of course popping the binkie back in calms them right back down and also starts the funnest game you'll ever play. Its called " I'm gonna be mad at you when I spit my own binkie out". Jessa and I have played this so many times you'd think we would get bored with it but no, one of us quite enjoys it.
Of course any baby will play this with any binkie, thats not the big problem. The big problem is when suddenly all your binkies are missing. Like I said before I have like eight of this kind of binkie and at the moment all I can find is two. I thought this wasnt a big deal, I have other kinds for her to use except she just chews on them and makes a funny face cause she doesnt like the shape.

Vampire teeth who wouldn't wanna suck on that?

So the reasonable thing to do would be clean my house and find them all again but that takes work so I just look on walmart.com so see how much they are, and I start cleaning my house cause there is no way im spending sixteen dollars on only four binkies. I dont care if I can get them in pink and purple instead of green no way is that happening. Although I may buy one of these for the same price.
Probably worth 12.99
Now here's my latest dilemma, the binkie hasnt been having the same affect on her. I'll pop it in her mouth and she'll keep screaming. Not always but increasingly it wont help. I should be happy she doesnt want to use her binkie cause I never wanted her having it in the first place but it turns out were both dependent on it now (her dad is worse). Maybe its time to nip it in the bud and just take them away but I know in the middle of the night I'll be popping it in hoping it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment