Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How We Became.

Three years ago I graduated from high school and did what a lot of confused graduates do, moved 130 miles away from pretty much everyone and everything they know. For about a month I thought it was the worst idea ever! I had not a single friend, really hard classes, and I was living with my crazy aunt. One day I got up and went to my communications class figuring it was going to be another boring class. I would pretend not to text through the lesson until this boy started talking to me before class started. I was so excited that potentially I had another friend making the count a whopping two whole people. I took five second to read a text and bam that first friend sat between us and I couldn't talk to the new one. But me being the smart college student I was had a plan, I stole her seat the next day in class. That's right I'm a seat thief and proud of it! With that problem fixed I came to my next; I was trying to tell my friends from home how how sneaky I was stealing that chair so I could sit next to..... I didn't know his name! For goodness sake this was a communications class I was to scared to ask this boy his name,  but there's a way of getting around things. My aunt and I decided just to call him com boy, until I took the time to listen while our professor took roll, and he shouted out here when she said Stephen, sadly this took me a few weeks to actually pay attention and not day dream or text while I stared at the back of his head.
So for about the entire first month of school I had myself a little stalker. While I was waiting in the hall for the class room to open up, out of no where Stephen would show up. After class I would walk down stairs and guess who was there waiting to ask how I did on our assignment today. He kept popping up everywhere. One day, about a month into school, we had a com. test and got out of class early. Somehow I ended up eating lunch with Stephen and my one other friend from com. , Stephanie. We sat and talked until Stephanie and I had our next classes. We got up said see you in class and walked off, but Stephen with his stalker skills followed me and asked for my number so we could hang out after class. Finally he asked for my number or gave me some clue that he wanted to see me outside of school. We went on our first date the next day:) and two years later from that exact day we were married. Its hard to believe i've only spent three years with my husband when it feels like a life time. I love him so much and hope to spend many more years together.

No comments:

Post a Comment