Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Update :)

We finally had Jessa's first big holiday, Halloween! I decided to make Jessa a mummy costume which turned out to be harder than I expected, but still cute. My mom and grandma always made my sister and I costumes, so I thought I'd give it a try this year. All I did was get some white or light colored long sleeved jamies and hat and it took me five or six rolls of gauze. I used hot glue to put the gauze on the jammies and hat and after I was done my grandma told me you can use some baste stuff that I guess would have made it a lot easier. For cute little touches I made her a little spider friend that I just sewed on to a hair clip and I took some extra gause to dangle in random places and made some in to a bow at the top. Also I took some grey paint and a sponge and made it look dirty and old. I think it turned out pretty cute.



Along with Halloween Jessa also just turned three whole months old. Its crazy to think but she really has been with us for three months. I was just telling my mom that in some ways it seems like I've had her forever. I've told others that there's no way its been three months. It seems like I've had way more then three months of poop but not three months worth of cuddles. I'm so blessed that I can be able to stay home all day with Jessa. I get to see every smile every giggle and every wimper.

Recently we started putting her in the Jumparoo every once in awhile. I thought she would be a little small for it but she loves it now. She's also in love with her playmat and sits there for ever kicking and cooing. Daddy told me I should paint her nails princess pink so we painted her toe nails bright pink. She is such a joy to have. We found some old pics of me when I was younger and Jessa looks so much like me. I'll have to scan some of the pictures some time and put them on here.

 So Jessa had a run in with a bully at the gym daycare. Stephen and I were running on the elliptical machine and heard screaming, we looked at each other and hoped that it wasn't Jessa screaming. So we kept going and the screaming kept going also. After a minute or two a lady came in holding a screaming baby in a pink dress. Yes, it was our lovely daughter. Turns out a little boy came in and mauled her and stole her binkie. She was not happy. Nothing calmed her down and it was like high pitched death screams. Finally I got Jessa her binkie and we cuddled really good and she calmed down. I felt so bad for the poor thing.


The last few days we've decided that Jessa needed to stop getting swaddled. It seemed to really upset her when we would and instead of just fussing a little she would full out scream. So we decided to try just putting her in those sleep sack things so its like shes zipped up in a bag. The first night she fell right to sleep in it. The next night she fell asleep pretty easily again but the next morning she woke up with war wounds. I felt so bad she got her self really bad, but they didn't seem to bother her. So far that was the only night she scratched herself hopefully she wont do it to much more.
                      

No comments:

Post a Comment